Friday, January 3, 2014

A Merry Little Christmas


This Christmas came and went faster than ever before. Nonetheless, it was just as special as all the others. This year, with the help of my mom, dad and sister, I was able to create what I had envisioned; a rustic, yet elegant tablescape and environment for our Christmas Eve dinner.
Below is a little ornament with a poem I wrote and have dedicated to my family. 





These are mini rum cakes on a gingerbread cookie stand I made as gifts. I packaged them in brown paper boxes and adorned with a simple wrapped around wire and a little Christmas tree branch.


For the table, I was inspired by a post I saw on Pinterest. I wanted to do something similar, so to match our Christmas theme, I used a mini Christmas tree branches instead of Rosemary for the place cards.  For the center piece, I  was able to collect some Christmas tree stumps. On them, some tea lights were placed, as well as around the table to illuminate the branches and stumps. We also strung marshmallows and hung them from the ceiling to create a fun and mystical effect. The kids really loved that! 

We then ended our Christmas Eve by roasting marshmallows by the poolside...



No comments:

Post a Comment